Release for SharePoint 2013 is available now! See Downloads section.
Google API key support added. The webpart does not need it but if you have one you can use it.June 2014:
HTTP proxy support added while processing addresses. You can specify proxy server address and username with password if required.April 2014:
You can toggle on nearby map points grouping. It's useful when many points should be displayed. Clicking on the group map is zoomed in and the group is expanded on smaller ones.
- Webpart has its own ribbon containing buttons:
- Zoom in
- Zoom out
- Map type switching
- Pan right, left, up and down
- You can enable/disable following controls on the map:
- Street view
- Map type switch
Combining these options you can utilize whole map space to display map and your points.
- It's possible to define URL for point icon so you can define your own picture for displayed points. You can either specify URL of the icon or the name of list column containing the URL. This allows you to have different icon for each point.
This webpart is designed for SharePoint 2010 & 2013. It utilizes Google API V3 to display geographical data (points). It supports not only latitude
coordinates but also address
It's very configurable. You can specify more than 20 properties like:
- Initial zoom
- Initial center point
- Map type
- Source of points
- Point icon
- to protect your data you can enable HTTPS access to Google API.
Webpart allows you to configure several ways how to get data to display.
You can configure it to work in several modes:
- Connected List Webpart - in this mode the webpart gets point information (location, title & description) to be displayed from another webpart using webpart connection. Advantage of this mode is that filtering in provider webpart is also applied on points displayed on map. You can also see list and map representation of items from particular list on the single page.
- List & Query - this mode alows you to display items from configured list that satisfy configured condition without the list itself.
- List & URL ID parameter - this mode is perfect to be used in Item display or edit dialogs as it displays only single point. You configure list as a source of point information and the name of URL parameter that containf ID of item that should be displayed.
In all modes you can specify either latitude and longitude or address or both. Webpart tries to use latitude and longitude. If they are not set or contain no information webpart tries to resolve address information.
Langitude and Longitude can be stored separately on in a single field using following formats:
- 40° 26.7717