- Webpart redesigned to support Sandbox solution deployment. When deployed as sandbox solution, address resolving is not allowed as Sandbox solutions does not support web service calls. Connected List Webpart mode is not supported too because of sandbox limitations. Beware of this.
- Localization is now simplified by moving localizable strings to resource files.
- More stable processing of latitude and longitude values.
This webpart is designed for SharePoint 2010. It utilizes Google API V3 to display geographical data (points). It supports not only latitude
coordinates but also address
- to protect your data you can enable HTTPS access to Google API.
You can configure it to work in several modes:
- Connected List Webpart - in this mode the webpart gets point information (location, title & description) to be displayed from another webpart using webpart connection. Advantage of this mode is that filtering in provider webpart is also applied on points displayed on map. You can also see list and map representation of items from particular list on the single page.
- List & Query - this mode alows you to display items from configured list that satisfy configured condition without the list itself.
- List & URL ID parameter - this mode is perfect to be used in Item display or edit dialogs as it displays only single point. You configure list as a source of point information and the name of URL parameter that containf ID of item that should be displayed.
In all modes you can specify either latitude and longitude or address or both. Webpart tries to use latitude and longitude. If they are not set or contain no information webpart tries to resolve address information.
Langitude and Longitude can be stored separately on in a single field using following formats:
- 40° 26.7717