Can I display a filtered list

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Hey guys,

I have one Problem with the Webpart.
Can u explain how I can display a filtered list with the webpart?

For example:
I have a list with 10 items.
and I want to display in the webpart only 2 of them in case of a filter?!
The list is filtered by ListFilterWebpart.

How can i solve the problem with the webpart, that apart of this is running perfect.
Nice Work Menzin! :)
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Hi Christof,

if you use List & Query mode you can define list and query to limit the number of displayed items.

if you have ListViewWebpart and ListFilter webpart on the page you could use Connection mode. My webpart can consume list of items displayed by standard list webpart (which can be filtered by filter webpart).

My webpart doesn't support direct filtering by filter webparts :( But maybe in the future...

Mazin
Jan 28, 2014 at 7:03 PM
I'm having an issue with applying filters to a list which is connected to the map

My setup:

HTML Form web part with a simple text box and submit button
ListViewWebPart displaying list data
Map web part

The ListViewWebPart is filtered by the parameter sent from the HTML form, when user types in text the listview updates with matching values

But the map web part does not update with it, since the list is empty on initial page load the map has no values to plot, but when user gives a filter value the list updates with rows but the map still shows no plots

Also if I remove filtering of the list, map shows points no problem, but if I scroll to next page of list items the map still shows the first page results

Is there some additional config needed, or just a limitation of the web part?
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Hi,

problem with only first page is caused by the SharePoint. Only first page is sent from ListViewWebpart to any other webpart consuming it's data. :(

Mazin
Aug 25, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Hi Mazin,

Have you considered bypassing SharePoint's limitations with filtering paged views and using the hash tag from the query string instead?

This is what SharePoint JSOM uses when users apply filtering to the list from column headers.

I have done this with JSOM using a CEWP web part and would be happy to provide my cruddy code. :)

Regards,

Paul