Locations are not mapping

Jun 19, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Hi,
I am using JS code of you have provided.
Its really ultimate.
I have issues while replicating the same.Locations are not pinning in map and on list filteration also nothing happens.

Could you please tell me which method is called on list filter and in page load to load locations pins in map.

thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Jun 21, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Hi shashilatha,

The core of webpart is CreateChildControls method.
Within that method GetData method is called to get data. The way of getting data depends on the configuration of webpart. It fills _markers internal property. This is the list of pins you want to display. This list is then processed by GenerateMarkersScript method. It generates JS that displays pins on map.

Between getting data and processing them CreateChildControls renders map "window" itself. It is meta tag named viewport. Also script configuring the map window is generated.

Hope this helps.
Aug 1, 2014 at 4:35 AM
Any idea what might be causing the markers not to display on the map?

Wondering if it's firewall related and what I might need to allow. I would've thought if the map loads the markers would too.
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Hi Panoone,

there might be lots of reasons why markers are not displayed. They are rendered on map by javascript. Function ginitialize initialize the map itself. You may check that the page contains code "var markers = [];var mr0 = new google.maps.Marker". That part is responsible for rendering markers on map. Then check that there are no javascript errors on the page.