Icon Url for list column values

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Thanks so much for the tool. Really enjoy it. I am just having some trouble with getting my pointer images showing as unique for each item in the associated list. I see all over that it is a feature that i can have a unique icon for each item, yet when i enter the column name for the icon url, i get no pins showing up.
On further investigation I find that when i look at the page source code, it is putting the column name in as a literal into where the path should go... ie. here is what shows up in the page source:
var mr4 = new google.maps.Marker({position: new google.maps.LatLng(51.454283, -112.696576),map : map, title: "Drumheller" Icon URL})
I also noticed that it is missing the ,icon : "" there as well. I added that into the column in the list with the urls such that i have this stored in the list for Icon Url field:
,icon : "/Style Library/Xsl Style Sheets/Google Map/brand-pins/thumbs/case-ih-kubota-pin.png"

When i enter that value into the Icon Url field, it does give me all the pins looking like that icon, so i know it should work, but it's just when i try to point the field to the column that it seems to not work.

Any advice/tutorial for doing this??

Thank you!!
Aug 21, 2014 at 10:30 PM
OH for further information. I created the webpart on the page with a hidden list view and connected them with "get table from". Took some fiddling, but everything else seems to work just fine.
Aug 27, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Solved it myself!! I forgot that when you create your own column and the name has a space, the static name will have _x0020 in there to represent the space... Still a bit of a noob with SP... =/