This project is read-only.

Filtered View


I saw a couple of post that I think were about this but they were a bit old. This Webpart does absolutely everything we need (love it).. but there is 1 thing that it does not do and it's practically a deal-breaker.

If I have my results on the screen and use the built in sharepoint column filtering (drop down arrow to filter out unwanted records), the Map does not reflect the new record set.

I don't think this is a problem specific to the webpart because I added a second list that is supposed to grab it's source from the 1st list and it doesn't update as well.

It seemed like there was talk about using the URL to adjust the record set.. just didn't know if this was just an idea or there is a actual fix\work around for this wonderful Microsoft feature??

file attachments


da_jokker wrote Jul 16, 2015 at 5:32 PM

Ok..this is very strange and just my chance I tried something. ..

The WebPart does not seem to support Connection types of "Get Filtered Values From"... so here is what I did..

WebPart 1 - Real Data List
WebPart 2 - Copy of Data List but set to get filtered valued from WP1
WebPart 3 - Google Map set to get Table from WebPart2.

This works..well sort of.. the filtering doesn't work, but when clicking on the "Select" icon on the Source, it updates the "filtered" which in turn updates the "Map".

Problem is, seem like you can only 'select' one item at a time.

NOTE: In the screen shot attached, You can see BOTH list, however you would want to change the layout of the "Filtered list" to HIDDEN.. so the final page only has 1 list and 1 map.

I don't know..but maybe there is something there to work with..if only I could filter it down based on the column headings!

wrote Aug 7, 2015 at 6:41 AM

AdamAA wrote Aug 7, 2015 at 6:44 AM

I am definitely after for this feature - being able to display on the maps after being filtered such as column filter or search. Hoping to see this feature soon. many thanks