How to use

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Hi Mazin,

trying to get your web part to work and not having much luck.

How does it work when I connect it to a list web part?  I have managed to connect it by "sending the table" and then I filter the list to one address which appears to change the Google map sometimes, however the coordinates do not seem to work with the Google map.

I have two columns in my list - Longitude and Latitude and using Logitude set as 138.6038129 with Latitude set as -34.9328294.  Is this correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete.

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Hi Zoidy,

sorry for the delay. I'm new on codeplex as author and I forget to check discussions.

To your question. Langitude and Longitude columns must be in the view you connect my webpart to. It's also necessary to define Title column. I use Title mostly.

I hope this helps.

Mazin

Oct 18, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Hi Mazin,

sorry but I still cannot get it to work.  I have my SP2010 list of offices, which has the Title field (renamed to City), an address field that contains all of the address, and Latitude and Longitude fields.  For instance:

City = Aberdeen, Longitude = -2.11619, Latitude = 57.1442

I have a page with a view of the Offices List on it (showing City, Address, Longitude and Latitude), and also your web part.  I have connected the Offices view (using Send Table To) to your web part and now I am unsure what to configure in your web part to get it to use the Offices view.  Do I enter the names of the columns in my list in the fields of your web part so Title should have City in it and Longitude should have Longitude in it?  Which I did and that did not seem to work.

Cheers,

Pete.

Oct 18, 2011 at 4:43 PM
zoidy wrote:

Hi Mazin,

sorry but I still cannot get it to work.  I have my SP2010 list of offices, which has the Title field (renamed to City), an address field that contains all of the address, and Latitude and Longitude fields.  For instance:

City = Aberdeen, Longitude = -2.11619, Latitude = 57.1442

I have a page with a view of the Offices List on it (showing City, Address, Longitude and Latitude), and also your web part.  I have connected the Offices view (using Send Table To) to your web part and now I am unsure what to configure in your web part to get it to use the Offices view.  Do I enter the names of the columns in my list in the fields of your web part so Title should have City in it and Longitude should have Longitude in it?  Which I did and that did not seem to work.

Cheers,

Pete.

Update: I got it working, it appeared to be a problem with your web part on the page, so I removed it and re-added a new one. I am sure the configuration of your web part was the same before and after so not sure what happened. But it is working well now, thanks very much.