Custom icon is not displayed on the map

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:42 AM
Hi,

I want to add custom icons on the map. We have three categories of business places. I am able to do this by adding an image link in the "Icon URL" area of the configuration of the web part.

For example :
,icon: "https://maps.google.com/mapfiles/kml/shapes/schools_maps.png"

When I want to use a field in my Sharepoint List, the icons are not displayed. I have use text field and HTML Link field. It seems that the script does not use the content of field, but just his name.

For exemple :
The fields name is Icone

The result in debug is :
ginitialize();</script><script type="text/javascript">var infoW = null;var markers = [];var mr0 = new google.maps.Marker({position: new google.maps.LatLng(51.4244248, -72.7851159),map : map, title: "Siège social" Icone);google.maps.event.addListener(mr0, 'click', function () {if (infoW!=null) infoW.

If I use the field Title, the script use the content.

The result in debug is :
ginitialize();</script><script type="text/javascript">var infoW = null;var markers = [];var mr0 = new google.maps.Marker({position: new google.maps.LatLng(51.4244248, -72.7851159),map : map, title: "Siège social", icon:"Siège social"__});google.maps.event.addLi

Someone would have an idea?
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2015 at 8:41 PM
Hi lumarchand,

thank you for your post. There was bug when direct URL address was used. I have fixed it in current release.

Try it and please let me know in case of any troubles.

Mazin
Feb 21, 2015 at 4:33 PM
Hi Mazin,

Your change works really well.

Thank's.